You may have heard that I’ll be bringing out a new book with Tirgearr Publishing on 30 August (One Night in Venice for the City Nights Series). Well, here’s news of a FABULOUS book from the same publisher (they clearly have taste…) plus an interview with a wizard! Check out the world’s sexiest cover, in my opinion. Enjoy!
A Vampire’s Tale by Maya Tyler
The best laid plans…
Marisa Clements was never satisfied writing the ‘gossip column’ in the local paper and she quit her job to follow her dream of writing fiction. Floundering in an unforgiving industry, she wrote about vampires, a popular subject she considered fascinating but as real as unicorns, to pay the rent.
Corgan was tired of human misconceptions about vampires and ‘living’ as a vampire. He planned to tell Marisa his story and end his existence. It was no coincidence Corgan selected Marisa to write his story. With the ability to see the future, he knew she would be a major part of it. He knew if they met, she would help him die, but in doing so, she’d be doomed to the same fate. Once they met, their futures would be irrevocably intertwined.
Corgan began to care for Marisa and finally revealed the truth to her. He admitted his quest to atone for his past sins had put her in grave danger from a nest of revenge seeking vampires. Corgan must claim her for her own protection. But claiming her is not enough, he must ask for help from his wizard friends and his maker in order to destroy his enemy or Marisa will never be safe.
Let me introduce you to Waldor from A Vampire’s Tale. He’s your typical white-bearded, aged wizard and also Kurtis’ grandfather.
- Describe yourself in one word. Insightful
- If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? I would change my own selfishness. It drove my son away years ago and, now, I fear it’s driving my grandson away.
- What do you want most from life? I want my son to forgive me, and I want him to come home. Not just for me, but for his son. Kurtis needs his father.
- What is your greatest fear? I will die before I see my son again. The way we left things… We had a terrible fight. Over Kurtis. I wanted the best for Kurtis, and I see now that his father did too, in his own way. I couldn’t bear the thought of losing them. In the end, my son stormed out, leaving his own son behind.
- What is your greatest regret? My fight with my son. I should’ve tried harder with him. He’s such a hard-headed fool—like his father.
- How do you decide you can trust someone? I look deep into their eyes, and I know if they are to be trusted. Distrustful people cannot maintain eye contact without revealing the darkness in their souls.
- What unusual hobbies or interests do you have? Most wizards have a great distrust of vampires. I consider Corgan Halton, an ancient vampire, a trusted friend and ally. We have known each other a very long time, and, in addition to friendship, have a mutual understanding.
- What or who is the greatest love of your life? My sweet Meg. She traded her life for our son’s, and now I’ve let them both down.
If you enjoyed this character interview, then read more about Waldor, Kurtis, and their vampire friends in A Vampire’s Tale. Available now through amazon, smashwords, apple, nook, and kobo.
Maya Tyler is a romance author, blogger, wife, and mother. She has a degree in Commerce, but writing is her true passion. Her short story “Just for Tonight” is included in an anthology called With Love from Val and Tyne and her debut paranormal romance novella was Dream Hunter, published in December 2014. Her second paranormal romance novel A Vampire’s Tale released in March 2017. She writes paranormal romance with a twist and all her books have a common theme – happily ever after. When she’s not writing, you can find her having fun with her husband and sons.
Maya loves to hear from fellow authors and readers. Please visit her anytime!
Author Contact Information:
Author Site: http://www.mayatylerauthor.com/
Facebook Maya Tyler Fan Page: https://www.facebook.com/mayatylerauthor
Author Newsletter: http://www.mayatylerauthor.com/mayas-newsletter